Vehicles despawn

Du hast Probleme, oder Dir ist ein Fehler aufgefallen?
BeerBoz
Rekrut

Vehicles despawn

Post by BeerBoz » Sun 28. Mar 2021, 13:44

Hi, our bought vehicles alweys despawns after a restart, several vihicles has been lost, striders, armed Quilins, 2 Rhinos a week a go or so and yesterday we lost 6 Stompers. We buy them, manage to get them inside base, wait for 18:00-server-restart, and their gone! Feels like something is wrong within our base? We have 1 vehicle thats never despawns though:)

Our base is located at 099193, if U want/need to come and look inside, just let me know:)

Best regards / BeerBoz

LordTyrion
Rekrut

Re: Vehicles despawn

Post by LordTyrion » Sun 28. Mar 2021, 15:16

There was a hacker on yesterday and a lot of vehicles got destroyed, afterwards there was a server restart and some things got set back. So it can be possible that they were lost due to that. But maybe AJ has more information.
"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Good, now we can attack in all directions!"

BeerBoz
Rekrut

Post by BeerBoz » Wed 31. Mar 2021, 11:46

It happends after all restarts, that hacker was later that evening same day we lost all stompers

LordTyrion
Rekrut

Post by LordTyrion » Wed 31. Mar 2021, 15:40

I am pretty sure I saw them in your base until the "hacker restart".
Stompers should save like any other vehicle, never heard of issues before.

Xerxio
Armajunkies

Post by Xerxio » Wed 31. Mar 2021, 17:59

They base perimeter is not relevant for saving vehicles as far as I know.
You always did "force save"?

BeerBoz
Rekrut

Post by BeerBoz » Wed 31. Mar 2021, 21:02

Hi, "always" do force save... Feels like we cant use our Base for storage for vehicles until we know whats wrong, I think IF the placement of base is kinda wierd / BeerBoz

BeerBoz
Rekrut

Post by BeerBoz » Wed 31. Mar 2021, 21:05

@LordTyron No, I logged "right" after restart and they where gone, The hacker was much later tjat evening...

LordTyrion
Rekrut

Post by LordTyrion » Thu 1. Apr 2021, 09:30

Maybe a dumb question but do your vehicles stand on the ground or on something you have built?

Theoretically it works with both ways, just trying to evaluate.

ECID
Anwärter

Post by ECID » Thu 1. Apr 2021, 12:12

There are four things that could be at play here :

1) Force-Saving. You always need to look onto the ground until the "Force Save" option disappears when going from one vehicle to the next. If you do not do this consistently it can happen that you are always force-saving the same vehicle multiple times. As a best-practice: Force-Save vehicles once per 24 hours.

2) vehicle bumping causing collision and self-destructs once simulation gets enabled: Make sure you park the vehicles in an open area with enough room towards the roof (the full height of a ghost hotel wall works for all vehicles besides The Vtol's and Huron. When the server is initialized the Objects get spawned from some height above their last 'saved' position and falls down until it hits an object to rest on or inside. When a player (or yourself) gets within a specific range of a vehicle the simulation gets enabled for this vehicle. If the vehicle is inside an object at that time it will get damaged, blow up or flip onto another vehicle and cause damage to it. An object here could be Rocks, Concrete blocks, Walls, other vehicles, structures, trees and bushes. Make sure to park your vehicle on (preferably) flat ground, a meter away from walls, objects and other vehicles.

3) your base is NOT secure and you have made some enemies on the server. So when you log-off these people come and destroy and/or take as much of your 'stuff' as they can. Best practice: Build a secure base. As someone that has destroyed in excess of 300 bases (in a confirmed legal manner) during my time on the armajunkies servers, I can tell you this: 80% of bases on the servers are NOT secure. May that be for the crates, the vehicles, or the generators. Your best bet: build a secure base. Armajunkies has recently been 'kind enough' to publish (or as I call it 'kind enough to spoon feed players with') a How-To.

4) The dreaded - logged-off player inside the base. Last I checked it was illegal to permanently log off inside someone's base. Typically what happens is that someone, during the building portion of the base logged off in an area that is now inside the base. They only log-in to F*** with you and your base. What they typically do is get a hold of a tool-kit to open your vehicles and then use any items they find in them and/or crates to destroy your 'stuff''.
The only way to find out who that player is is to catch them in the act or narrow down the time-frames during which he logged on/off so the admins have something to go on. ps.: this is a very time-consuming process and it happens so rarely that you are better off clearing 1), 2) and 3) off your plate.
Typically these players leave signs behind, like missing cash from crates, crates emptied out, all but one vehicle destroyed and that vehicle is left open, vehicles that have ownership changed, and/or has its ammunitions emptied out (because it was used to destroy all other vehicles).
If this is in fact happening to you; I'd start a log-file of force-save times, the last time the vehicles were seen intact, and the first time they are reported as missing. This gives you a good chance of generating enough data for the admins to easily find it.
ps.: I have had that happening to me before twice and it is a royal pain in the old gluteus maximus.