Chernarus Server Mods

tRiSK
Rekrut

Chernarus Server Mods

Post by tRiSK » Wed 4. Jan 2017, 12:37

I've noticed that alot of players are trying to connect to the Chernarus server, but instantly get kicked. My guess is that these players don't have the right mods downloaded/loaded when joining the game.
This tutorial will step by step show you how to download any mod from Steam workshop (so you don't miss out on other mods aswell) and how to properly load the correct ones when starting the game.

Step 1: Start ARMA 3 via your Steam Library.

Step 2: Go to Servers in the left menu and click on Internet in the top menu.
(I've blurred the server results so I will keep my ass safe from advertising.)

Step 3: Search for "[EU] Armajunkies #2" and the server should show up in the search results.
Keep in mind that your search may take up to 30 seconds depending on your location. Also keep in mind that the server restarts several times per day, and during the restart you can't find the server in the search results. Make sure to wait about 1-2 minutes and then try to search for it again.

Step 4: To see if this server requires you to download mods. Just click on the server to open up the server info.

Step 5: Click on "More details" and this window will pop up:

Step 6: Here you will see what mods that are required by the server to play on it. It also tells you if you have any additional mods that you might want to load aswell. I suggest you stick to only the required ones for starters. If you're missing any mods, in this case probably "CUP Terrains - Maps 1.2.0" and "CUP Terrains - Core 1.2.0", it will let you know by appearing in red text next to each mod (See image below). Also a a click menu to it's right with actions you are able to take to load the mod.

In this case we can find the mod in the Steam workshop (but alot of not so common mods can only be found by searching manually) so go ahead and click on "Find on Steam Workshop" (this brings you to your main web-browser for some reason and not Steam, so you'll have to log in to be able to subscribe to the mod. Go ahead and do that and click "Subscribe" Imageor do it my way by going to Steam workshop in Steam (not on the web).

Step 7: In the search box you type: "CUP Terrains" and click search. "CUP Terrains - Maps" and "CUP Terrains - Core" should show up as individual mods. Make sure you subscribe to both of them by clicking on the "PLUS" symbol on each image. Or go into each mod and click "Subscribe"

Step 8: The mods are now downloading and might take a good while depending on your internet speed. But keep in mind that the CUP mods are some of the most common mods used in the ARMA community, so I highly suggest you download all of them to be set for future adventures on other servers/game modes etc.

Once the mods are done downloading you go back to the server browser. Click on "JOIN" and then the "Server Info" window will open again and this time it say that "CUP Terrains - Maps 1.2.0" and "CUP Terrains - Core 1.2.0" can be loaded (See image below). "Load 'CUP Terrains - Maps' from library" for example. Make sure all required mods are in that green text of approval and just click on "Setup Mods And Join"

Now your game should start and bring you directly into the server with all required mods up to date.

Hope this helps someone out there. Excuse my english, and happy fighting for Chernarus! :)

Staynex
Armajunkies

Re: Chernarus Server Mods

Post by Staynex » Wed 4. Jan 2017, 13:49

Very good tutorial! I will share that post with facebook, discord and so on. Good job!

master
Armajunkies

Post by master » Wed 4. Jan 2017, 14:09

Good job! Thank you!
Führt, folgt oder geht aus dem Weg!

wiking
Armajunkies

Post by wiking » Tue 17. Jan 2017, 13:53

To add more enterable buildings we now also added the "Open Chernarus Mod" as a dependency.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =786777307

To join use the steps descibed by trisk - the only thing changes is that one additional mod is needed.